ICAI President on May/ July 2021 Exams
Key points of the ICAI President with the Business Line are as follows:
- We are hoping to conduct the exams in July and not merge it with the November term exams as the positive cases show a downtrend and hope vaccines will also help to get the situation better.
- CA Students should continue to prepare for their exams.
- We are prepared to follow all the safety measures issued by the Home Ministry like last year and we are planning to conduct in a very systematic manner like the last year.
- If lockdowns are there, we may need to postpone the exams.
- We also have our sister Institutions (Institute of Cost Accountants of India and Institute of Company Secretaries of India) in our minds.
- We will not conduct the exams violating any Government rules, we hope we will make it on July 5th, 2021.
- We wanted to conduct the exams by now as doctors and scientists have said there won’t be 3rd wave before October 2021.
- Normally we will have 475-500 centers throughout India, last time we had 1,084 centers across India to conduct the exams following all the measures laid down by Home Ministry and Health Ministry.